As if it couldn't get any worse. After the Falcons lost last night to the Jets, they dropped to 1-4. Now the Falcons are finding out that the injury news just keeps piling upon this team.
The Falcons announced today that Julio Jones is out for the year with a foot injury. With this loss, the receiving corps. is completely devastated with Roddy White being rendered ineffective due to a high ankle sprain, Jones was the only reliable wide receiver on the roster.
It's not known who will take his place on the depth chart, but it'll probably be Harry Douglas.
The injuries keep on coming, Falcons fans. Who knows what will happen next, but this has been a truly horrific series of events to start the season.
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Sean Weatherspoon and Julio Jones Injury Update: Atlanta Falcons Stars Out for Thursday’s Game Against Cincinnati Bengals
- Injury Bug Bites Atlanta Falcons: Sam Baker, Julio Jones, Jonathan Babineaux and Roddy White Miss Practice
- Atlanta Falcons’ Julio Jones Returns to Limited Practice, Expected to Practice at Full Speed This Week
- Atlanta Falcons Training Camp Report: Sean Weatherspoon and Julio Jones Injured
- Why Gaining Julio Jones in 2011 May Have Cost Atlanta Falcons Their Future
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/128e