After months of on and off again negotiations, the GWCCA (Georgia World Congress Center Authority) Board, the City of Atlanta and Falcons owner Arthur Blank have come to an agreement with Friendship Baptist Church to acquire their land in order to build the proposed new Falcons stadium, set to finish construction in 2017.
The deal is reportedly worth $19.5 million dollars for the historic landmark, about four or five million dollars less than what Friendship Baptist previously asked for in July when the negotiations began.
With the neighboring church, Mount Vernon Baptist Church, agreeing to sell their land Thursday, the circle is now complete. These were the last two obstacles standing in the way of the GWCCA and Arthur Blank beginning construction of the new stadium on the proposed "South Site" location where these two churches have stood for decades.
Along with the new stadium becoming more of a reality, it also means the Georgia Dome's demise is coming as well. The demolition will also occur in 2017.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- One Step Closer: Mount Vernon Baptist Church Sells Property So That New Atlanta Falcons Stadium Can Be Built
- Atlanta Falcons and Friendship Baptist Church Locked in Negotiations for New Stadium
- Atlanta Falcons’ Targeted New Stadium Site Denied as Negotiations Fall Through
- Atlanta Falcons Sign 1st Round Pick CB Desmond Trufant to Four Year Deal
- Atlanta Falcons Sign Matt Ryan to 5 Year Contract Extension
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/117r