The Falcons have cut down their roster to 53 players as of 6:00 EST today. Here were the final cuts:
As we predicted, Joplo Bartu and Paul Worrilow survived the cut and will be the fourth and fifth linebackers.
We were dead wrong on a couple of players, but one specifically was quite surprising. WR Darius Johnson got the ax despite the outstanding preseason he had. Johnson had 13 catches for 158 yards and a touchdown, putting up some of the most consistent numbers of any offensive player for the Falcons this preseason.
LB Robert James was also cut, leaving the Falcons with only five LBs.
Any surprises with these cuts? Should the Falcons have retained Johnson and James, or were they right with their decisions. Let us know in the comments section.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Atlanta Falcons Cut 11 Players- Roster Down to 78 Players
- Roster Update and Final Predictions of the Atlanta Falcons 53-Man Roster- (Part 4): Linebackers, Secondary
- Predicting the Atlanta Falcons 53 Man Roster: (Part 2) Receivers and Tight Ends
- Predicting the Atlanta Falcons 53 Man Roster: (Part 1)- Quarterbacks and Running Backs
- Predicting the Falcons 53 Man Roster: (Part 3)- Offensive and Defensive Line
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1004