He's only the best tight end of all time.
Tony Gonzalez, who signed a two year contract in the offseason after toying with the idea of retiring after last season's disappointing loss in the NFC Championship game, is back with the Atlanta Falcons.
As part of his new contract, Gonzalez was allowed to spend more time with his family this offseason before beginning training camp.
The Falcons aren't worried at all about Gonazlez's ability to be ready for the season, as the 17-year veteran knows what he has to do to stay in football shape and compete at the highest level.
Gonzalez ranks first among all tight ends in the history of the NFL with 1,242 receptions, 14,268 receiving yards and 103 touchdowns.
He ranks second all time behind Jerry Rice in career receptions.
Gonzalez will play this week against the Tennessee Titans, so look for him and the rest of the starters to get a lot of reps, as the third game in the NFL preseason is normally when starters play the entire first half and sometimes throughout the third quarter.
Gonzalez is set to retire after the season.
Excited to have Gonzalez practicing with the team again? Falcons fans definitely should be.
Gearing up for the fantasy season? Try weekly fantasy football games this year at DraftDay.com. DraftDay has awarded over $15 million to fantasy fans like you, so don't miss out on the newest way to play fantasy football! Create your free account and use promo code GIFT for an instant cash bonus.
- Atlanta Falcons’ Julio Jones Returns to Limited Practice, Expected to Practice at Full Speed This Week
- Breaking News: Atlanta Falcons TE Tony Gonzalez to Retire After 2013 Season
- Atlanta Falcons’ Sean Weatherspoon is Back at Practice After Nursing Dislocated Finger
- Atlanta Falcons’ LB Stephen Nicholas Goes Down with an Injury During Yesterday’s Practice
- Atlanta Falcons Sign Matt Ryan to 5 Year Contract Extension
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/zaw