When injuries come, they come in bunches. It doesn't help that the injury bug has attacked two of the Falcons thinnest parts of their team, that being offensive line and linebacker.
After already losing RT Mike Johnson for the year, and LB Sean Weatherspoon a couple of weeks ago, LB Stephen Nicholas has now gone down with a leg injury. The injury happened at yesterday's practice and It doesn't appear to be a severe injury. However, the full details of the injury have not yet been disclosed at this time.
Ironically, the same day that Nicholas was hurt was the first time Sean Weatherspoon returned to practicing at a full time capacity for the first time since dislocating his finger in a scrimmage against the Cincinnati Bengals.
We'll update you when we get some details on Nicholas' injury. If he does go down for any amount of time, the Falcons will have to turn to their undrafted free agent linebacker reserve unit. Outside of Paul Worrilow and Pat Schiller, the second and third string linebackers haven't really proven themselves in the two preseason games so far this year.
The Falcons need Nicholas, a seven year veteran, back on the field. It would hurt if this injury were to hold him out during the regular season.
Gearing up for the fantasy season? Try weekly fantasy football games this year at DraftDay.com. DraftDay has awarded over $15 million to fantasy fans like you, so don't miss out on the newest way to play fantasy football! Create your free account and use promo code GIFT for an instant cash bonus.
- Sean Weatherspoon and Julio Jones Injury Update: Atlanta Falcons Stars Out for Thursday’s Game Against Cincinnati Bengals
- Atlanta Falcons’ Sean Weatherspoon is Back at Practice After Nursing Dislocated Finger
- Atlanta Falcons’ Julio Jones Returns to Limited Practice, Expected to Practice at Full Speed This Week
- Atlanta Falcons’ Roddy White’s Ankle Injury Details
- Mike Johnson Suffers Leg Injury Today at Training Camp, Departs via Ambulance
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/z9g