We mentioned in last night's game story that WR Roddy White suffered an ankle injury, but the severity of the injury was not known. We still don't have all the details, but according to NFL. com's Ian Rapoport, White has been diagonsed with a low ankle sprain, and may miss some time in the preseason.
The injury shouldn't keep him out for the regular season, but this is definitely something to keep your eyes on. The Falcons have been hit by a series of injuries this year including RT Mike Johnson, OLB Sean Weatherspoon, WR Julio Jones and now WR Roddy White.
Jones played in last night's game and it appeared that his sore hamstring is a non issue, but now the Falcons will be without their veteran leader at wide receiver for possibly the rest of the preseason. It could have been a whole lot worse, but you hate to see the really important players go down in meaningless games such as the one last night. Meaningless when it comes to your star players who really have nothing to prove, and are just trying to get some reps to stay in NFL shape.
We'll update you on any other news about White's injury as it comes along.
Gearing up for the fantasy season? Try weekly fantasy football games this year at DraftDay.com. DraftDay has awarded over $15 million to fantasy fans like you, so don't miss out on the newest way to play fantasy football! Create your free account and use promo code GIFT for an instant cash bonus.
- Sean Weatherspoon and Julio Jones Injury Update: Atlanta Falcons Stars Out for Thursday’s Game Against Cincinnati Bengals
- Mike Johnson Suffers Leg Injury Today at Training Camp, Departs via Ambulance
- Atlanta Falcons’ Roddy White Tweets That Jurors in George Zimmerman Trial Should Commit Suicide
- Roddy White Apologizes for Reactionary Twitter Post, Atlanta Falcons Remain Quiet on Issue
- Game Preview: Atlanta Falcons Vs. Cincinnati Bengals
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/z5k