Johnson, an outfielder who was used primarily off the bench and in pinch-hitting roles, batted .244 in 74 games with the Braves in 2013. He battled achilles tendonitis during the season which landed him on the disabled list.
The Braves outfield is solid and loaded with young stars but keeping Johnson gives the Braves a veteran outfielder to use when needed, a proven right-handed pinch hitter, and a valuable trade option.
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Atlanta Braves May Want to Consider Using First Initial for Chris Johnson, Elliot Johnson, Reed Johnson
- Atlanta Braves Activate Reed Johnson from Disabled List, Still not 100 Percent
- Reed Johnson on DL with Achilles Tendinitis, Todd Cunningham Called Up
- Atlanta Braves’ Reed Johnson Fined, Suspended for Actions in Carlos Gomez Incident
- Mike Minor Ribs Reed Johnson Over Having Home Run Robbed
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/13cl