Tim McCarver can't retire soon enough. He's jinxed no-hitters two nights in a row for the Detroit Tigers in the American League Championship Series.
He, along with fellow FOX announcer Joe Buck, couldn't wait to talk about Anibal Sanchez's no-no bid in Saturday's win over the Boston Red Sox. Max Scherzer's was ended shortly after FOX displayed a graphic of the Tigers pitchers carrying a no-hitter through at least five innings in their last three ALCS games.
Seriously, is it too much to ask these guys to respect the tradition of not mentioning the no-hitter?
It apparently is.
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Craig Kimbrel Gives up Run in National League All-Star Game Loss to American League
- The Case for the Atlanta Braves Over the Los Angeles Dodgers in the National League Division Series
- Atlanta Braves Even National League Division Series with Win Over Los Angeles Dodgers
- Atlanta Braves Leave Dan Uggla Off National League Division Series Roster
- Reports Circulate That Dan Uggla to Be Left Off Atlanta Braves National League Division Series Roster
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/12hu