In need of a win to avoid going on the road in an 0-2 hole, the Atlanta Braves evened the National League Division Series at one game a piece with a 4-3 win over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Friday at Turner Field.
Freddie Freeman doubled to start the fourth inning and was driven in by Chris Johnson to give the Braves the lead.
The Braves got some needed insurance in the seventh inning while the Dodgers used four different pitchers. Don Mattingly's biggest mistake was walking Reed Johnson to have Paco Rodriguez pitch to Jason Heyward with the bases loaded. Heyward shot a single up the middle for two more runs.
David Carptener gave the Braves a scare in the eighth when he gave up a lead-off walk and a two-run homer to Adrian Gonzalez, but Craig Kimbrel picked up the slack with a four-out save while working around two walks.
The Braves and Dodgers now head to Chavez Ravine for game three on Sunday.
You need to satisfy your competitive drive, so why not beat our experts in fantasy football. At FightClub, our official Fantasy Football partner, you can change you team weekly and win cash. Get a free $5 credit when you sign up and try them out. And each week, Sports Media 101 will sweeten the pot and award the player with top points an extra $25. Match-up and show them how good you are. Can you handle FightClub?
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- The Case for the Atlanta Braves Over the Los Angeles Dodgers in the National League Division Series
- Los Angeles Dodgers’ Matt Kemp Out for National League Division Series, Entirety of Playoffs
- Atlanta Braves Leave Dan Uggla Off National League Division Series Roster
- Reports Circulate That Dan Uggla to Be Left Off Atlanta Braves National League Division Series Roster
- Dan Uggla Clubs Two Homers to Help Atlanta Braves Split Series with Los Angeles Dodgers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/121n