It's already been an eventful night at Turner Field, as both Carlos Gomez and Freddie Freeman have been ejected for their actions following Gomez's solo homer in the first inning of Wednesday's game between the Atlanta Braves and Milwaukee Brewers.
The antics started when Gomez took a huge swing and missed the first pitch from Paul Maholm. Gomez stared him down before blasting the second pitch for a no-doubt homer, also staring at Maholm while walking the first several steps. Freeman and Gomez exchanged heated words at first base before Brian McCann confronted Gomez in front of home plate.
Both benches cleared during the altercation, including Reed Johnson getting a solid push on Gomez, who looked like he took a swing or two at Braves players.
Freeman looked infuriated when he learned that he was ejected. It didn't exactly seem congruent with the situation for him to be run when he simply reacted to Gomez's bush league actions.
Gomez never actually touched home plate, but the run was still allowed on account of McCann blocking the basepath.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Miami Marlins’ Jose Fernandez Hits First Career Homer Against Atlanta Braves, Benches Clear: Video
- Jose Fernandez Homers, Benches Clear in Atlanta Braves’ Loss to Miami Marlins
- Atlanta Braves Clear Freddie Freeman to Swing Bat, Hopeful to Play Friday
- Benches Clear After Atlanta Braves’ Julio Teheran Hits Bryce Harper with Pitch: Video
- Atlanta Braves Break Out the Bats, Avoid Sweep of Milwaukee Brewers
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/11dk