C.B. Bucknor has struck again. Who some consider the worst umpire in Major League Baseball has ejected Atlanta Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez and pitcher Alex Wood in the fifth inning of Tuesday's game with the Washington Nationals.
The usually mild mannered Wood was incensed after Bucknor called what appeared to be a strike as ball four with the bases loaded to bring home a run.
In order to protect his pitcher, Gonzalez intervened to take up the argument, getting tossed in the process.
After surrendering a sacrifice fly to Bryce Harper to allow a second run, Wood was pulled for Kameron Loe, and on the way to the dugout pointed at Bucknor and shouted, "That's terrible," drawing his ejection.
It's just more of the same from Bucknor. MLB needs to reel in its umpires quickly.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Pitching Fails, Fredi Gonzalez Ejected in Atlanta Braves Loss to New York Mets
- Atlanta Braves Manager Fredi Gonzalez Ejected by Chad Fairchild After Blown Call
- Gerald Laird, Fredi Gonzalez Ejected in Atlanta Braves Loss to Philadelphia Phillies, Angel Hernandez
- Alex Wood Becoming Solid Starting Pitcher for Atlanta Braves
- Alex Wood Optioned to Triple-A by Atlanta Braves
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/10z3