— Jim Powell (@Jim_Powell) September 3, 2013
Heyward played catch, hit off a tee and ate solid food on Tuesday, reportedly tearing up when he ate a Chick-fil-A sandwich.
Jon Niese broke Heyward's jaw with an errant fastball Aug. 21 at Citi Field. He had surgery to insert two metal plates a couple days later. He is expected to rejoin the Braves in time for the playoffs.
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Gerald Laird Resumes Baseball Activities, Should Rejoin Atlanta Braves Saturday
- Atlanta Braves’ Evan Gattis Resumes Baseball Activities
- Atlanta Braves’ Jordan Schafer to Start Light Baseball Activities Next Week
- Jason Heyward Cleared to Start Light Conditioning
- Jason Heyward to Have Surgery on Fractured Jaw on Thursday
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1068