Atlanta Braves new acquisitions Justin Upton and B.J. Upton arrived at Spring Training in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., Tuesday. There they got to meet their new team, get acquainted with their new surroundings and took batting practice with Jason Heyward.
B.J. Upton arrives in the first year of a franchise record five-year, $75.25 million contract, but he's trying to distance himself from all the hoopla.
"It's a change of scenery for me," Upton said on braves.com. "I'm part of a pretty good ballclub. There is kind of a lot of hype surrounding us right now, so it's kind of good to get out there and just talk and not really worry about that. I'm just going to come out, have fun and get acclimated with the guys."
Upton is also making the 45-minute commute from his Tampa home. His brother Justin Upton has already attributed that to insanity.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Controversial “Screaming Indian” Logo to Be Used on New Atlanta Braves Batting Practice Caps
- Atlanta Braves Ditch Indian on Batting Practice Caps
- Chipper Jones to Spend Time at Atlanta Braves Spring Training
- Atlanta Braves Enter Spring Training with Some Questions About Pitching Staff and Health of Brian McCann
- Atlanta Braves Early Arrivals Complete First Spring Training Workout
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/pz5