The Arizona Diamond backs have been hit with the injury bug once again to add to their current M.A.S.H unit, Bronson Arroyo has been added to the list of the injured on Monday after suffering a strain right UCL in his right elbow, which will land the 37-year-old right-hander on the 15-day DL.
The pitching rotation already struggling, taking out one of its bright spots will have the team continue their spiral further under the 500 mark. Currently the D-backs are 14 game below 500, which is almost the highest number they have hit all season.
The rotation has suffered a major set back and now the with Arroyo the team turns to Roger Kieschnick from Triple-A Reno to replace him on the roster.
Arroyo has shown that he wants to help the team get out of it's whole by pitching previous games already hurting from this injury that has gotten worse. “I've been beat up for a while," Arroyo said in an interview earlier. "I've pitched the last six times pretty miserable out there, just trying to make it happen with a bit of guts and some mental ability.
The D-back are wheeling right now and need something positive to stop the bleeding as they have lost seven of their last 10 games to teams that they were playing good enough to sweep.
- Mike Bolsinger’s First Start for the Arizona Diamondbacks was Rough
- Arizona Diamondbacks’ Inconsistent Issues Continue from Last Year
- Arizona Diamondbacks Reason for Under 500 Struggles
- Chase Anderson Makes His Debut for Arizona Diamondbacks in Chicago
- Arizona Diamondbacks Send Evan Marshall to Secure Comeback Win
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1c6z