Here is the best way for the Arizona Diamondbacks not continue their current losing streak of games, and that is cancel the game. The team began a scheduled game Friday at Citi Field against the New York Mets but the game was postponed due to very bad weather.
The game did however get started as the D-backs were leading 2-0 in the bottom of the fourth inning before the game was canceled. The D-backs getting out to a lead has been the staple the last few weeks but holding that lead has been the adventure in the end of these games.
The game that was postponed will have to be made up on Sunday as part of a doubleheader starting at 10 am.
For the D-backs sake picking this game up will be just like starting it over again and perhaps they can get out to another quick 2-0 lead which would make it 4-0 and see if they can hold on.
The starting pitchers have yet to be determined for the make-up game, but the D-backs can't afford to get suspect starting pitching to pick this back up or their 2-0 lead will disappear fast.
Currently the team is on a three game skid after being swept in the last series and currently stand at 13 games under 500, and of course last in the West.
- Arizona Diamondbacks Celebrate Randy Johnson’s Perfect Game on Sunday at Chase Field
- Arizona Diamondbacks Get Swept Again,Loss to Mets 5-2
- Game One 6-0, Dodgers Dominate the Arizona Diamondbacks
- Arizona Diamondbacks Get Contributions from Two Much Needed Players to Win
- Arizona Diamondbacks Get Swept by the Cardinals in Three Games
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1bak