The Arizona Diamondbacks fall to the St.louis Cardinals again today, that being a clean sweep by the cardinals, as the D-backs fail to hold off the bats of the Cardinals late in the game.
Starting pitcher Wade Miley had an up and down performance and broke under the pressure in the sixth inning where St.louis made their run to take the lead.
Miley (3-5) lasted 6 2/3 innings and allowed three runs, seven hits, four walks, and only had three strikeouts, Miley played the early part of the game with a lead after Paul Goldschmidt and Aaron Hill were able to get the team a 2-0 lead.
The theme for the losses in this series was the "two-out hits" that extended innings,in this the final game of the series Allen Craig drove in the go-ahead run with his two-out double in the seventh inning.
The D-backs continue to take steps backwards after going forward and making progress, and also made up no ground to getting to 500 by being swept.
This team can not afford to be swept to many times going forward, but there was a different vibe to these losses in that the effort of the team was there and its apparent that they just aren't good enough to face teams with better talent.Tags: Arizona, Arizona Diamondbacks, Baseball, MLB
- Arizona Diamondbacks Get Swept Again,Loss to Mets 5-2
- Arizona Diamondbacks Fall 8-6 and are Swept Over the Weekend by Dodgers
- Arizona Diamondbacks Fight Demons and Get the 4-2 Victory Over the Dodgers
- Arizona Diamondbacks Win 7-3 Over the San Fransisco Giants
- Arizona Diamondbacks Get Contributions from Two Much Needed Players to Win
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1b9f