Arizona Diamondbacks to face a familiar arm this week in Ian Kennedy, which is an ironic situation seeing that Kennedy was traded last season because of his ineffectiveness.
What makes it ironic is that Kennedy is having a decent year as a member of the San Diego Padres starting rotation.
His numbers so far would suggest that a trade last year was a mistake seeing the latest Diamondback pitching struggles have them well under 500. Kennedy (2-3) has an ERA lower than any starting pitcher on the D-backs right now at 3.16.
Kennedy will face his old teammates on Saturday night going up against Brandon McCarthy (0-5) and has already said "it was weird facing them" but both teams are under 500 and it must feel good facing your old team where the starting pitching has only five wins among them, three more than Kennedy has alone.
Kennedy has a WHIP of 0.95 and is doing far better than he was as a Diamondback last year, maybe it's pitcher friendly Petco Park he is pitching in.
Regardless, if the D-backs starting rotation can get one guy to get close to Kennedy's numbers they would be happy.
- Arizona Diamondbacks Vs Los Angeles Dodgers Series Preview
- Arizona Diamondbacks Decide not to Bring up Archie Bradley
- GM Kevin Towers to Blame for Arizona Diamondbacks Spiral Downward PT1
- Mike Bolsinger’s First Start for the Arizona Diamondbacks was Rough
- Arizona Diamondbacks Add to Pitching Unit Aquiring Lucas Harrell
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1anq