The Arizona Cardinals wrap up their preseason schedule tonight when they face the San Diego Chargers at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego.
The Red Birds are 1-2 in preseason play. The starters are expected to rest tonight and rookie quarterback Logan Thomas (pictured above) is expected to play the entire game.
Ironically, the Cardinals face the Chargers in Glendale in the season opener.
**Meet the kicker for the Red Birds this season – rookie Chandler Catanzaro from the University of Clemson. Catanzaro beat out veteran Jay Feely to win the coveted kicker's post in what should be a high-scoring Arizona offense.
Catanzaro booted four of four field goals this preseason and displayed strong length and power on kickoffs. That seemed to be the deciding factor in the competition. He was not known for displaying a powerful leg on kickoffs for the Tigers.
“I knew that was kind of my knock coming out, and I just worked my tail off,” Catanzaro told the team's website. “I knew I had it in me, I just had to rep it, and rep it the right way. I knew I had that bomb in me. I’m very excited about where my kickoffs are right now.”
The young rookie knows though that nothing is promised and that he can't take anything for granted.
"With this line of business you probably never know,” Catanzaro said. “You’ve got to come out here every day and bring your ‘A’ game, and that’s what I try to do. I try to take every kick in the game like the game-winner.”
That's the right approach to take., no question.
- Be sure to "like" our Facebook page
- Follow us on Twitter @Cardinals_101
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Arizona Cardinals Host Cincinnati Bengals in NFL Preseason Action Tonight
- Arizona Cardinals Gear up for Preseason Tilt with Minnesota Vikings
- Arizona Cardinals’ 2014 Preseason Schedule Announced
- Observations from Arizona Cardinals’ 19-13 Preseason Loss to the Cincinnati Bengals
- Arizona Cardinals Drop 30-28 Decision to Minnesota Vikings in NFL Preseason Action
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1f06