The 38-year-old Feely was one of 12 players cut by the Red Birds yesterday. We'll see if he can land with another NFL team.
Catanzaro made all four of his field goal attempts during the preseason. The University of Clemson product also displayed excellent power and distance on kickoffs as well.
Feely made 1-of-2 field goal attempts, missing a 48-yarder against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday.
Veteran tackle Max Starks was also let go. Starks was hampered by an ankle injury and fell behind Bradley Sowell on the depth chart the last few weeks.
The ten other players that were cut yesterday were:
LB Keenan Clayton
– LB JoJo Dickson
– C Tom Draheim
– WR Reggie Dunn
– LB Derrell Johnson
– S Orhian Johnson
– WR Kevin Ozier
– DT Justin Renfrow
– CB Brandon Sermons
– RB Damien Thigpen
The Cardinals are now at the 75-man roster limit required for this week. Opening day rosters have 53 players.
**Linebacker Kevin Minter practiced yesterday and is expected to play in the preseason finale. In addition, guard Jonathan Cooper (toe), safety Tyrann Mathieu (knee) and nose tackle Alameda Ta’amu (knee) all practiced yesterday. Head coach Bruce Arians has stated that all four players would have to play at least some in order to compete in the regular season opener against the Chargers on Sept. 8.
- Be sure to "like" our Facebook page
- Follow us on Twitter @Cardinals_101
Seeing your team play in the SuperBowl is priceless. Watching the SuperBowl live in the stands for $1 per week is beyond priceless. Find out how at TicketScore.com, the future of Championship Tickets.
- Arizona Cardinals’ Kicker Competition Continuing Heading into Training Camp
- Veteran Kicker Jay Feely Staying with the Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals Gear up for Preseason Tilt with Minnesota Vikings
- Arizona Cardinals Ultra-impressive in Victory Over Houston Texans
- Observations from Arizona Cardinals’ 19-13 Preseason Loss to the Cincinnati Bengals
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/1exm