The USC product is 34 years old now, which is not that young for a NFL signal-caller these days.
That doesn't matter to head coach Bruce Arians though.
Not at all.
"There is no doubt he has plenty of juice left in the tank. He's in great condition. I would think he could play until 36, 37 easily, "Arians told azcentral.com.
Not only that but Arians also is very happy with backup quarterback Drew Stanton, who has not thrown a pass in a regular season NFL game since 2010.
"I have all the confidence in the world in Drew, "Arians said. " If something God forbid happened to Carson, I’ve got all the confidence in Drew taking over and us winning the division or the championship. He’s been (in the system) two years now, he’s smart, tough. That’s all you want. He’s a guy who can step in the game and doesn’t need any reps.”
It looks like the Red Birds are in good shape for the next few seasons.
Don't be surprised though if they still draft a quarterback in the middle rounds of this year's NFL Draft in May.
As Arians knows, you can never have enough good quarterbacks on your roster.
- Be sure to "like" our Facebook page
- Follow us on Twitter @Cardinals_101
- Arizona Cardinals Quarterback Carson Palmer Needs to Improve
- Arizona Cardinals Have Best QB Since Warner in Carson Palmer
- Arizona Cardinals’ Carson Palmer Excelled in Short Passing Game
- Bruce Arians Savoring First Victory as Arizona Cardinals Head Coach
- Bruce Arians Quite Pleased with Arizona Cardinals’ Effort Vs. Colts
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18nc