The University of Notre Dame product is coming off his first 1,000-yard season when he paced the Red Birds in receiving yards (1,041). He also added five touchdowns.
While that was impressive, what really impressed head coach Bruce Arians were the injuries Floyd played through – especially the shoulder problem he played with in his career-high 193-yard effort against Jacksonville last season.
“I think Michael is starting to reach his potential,” Arians told azcardinals.com. “He still needs to be more consistent each week. He played through injuries for the first time which is a huge step for a young player to play through injuries. A lot of times they just sit themselves down. He wanted to win, he wanted to help us win. I thought he made great strides. This year, can he do it again?”
Bet on it.
He's that good.
He'll only get better.
- Be sure to "like" our Facebook page
- Follow us on Twitter @Cardinals_101
- Bruce Arians Savoring First Victory as Arizona Cardinals Head Coach
- Arizona Cardinals in Good Hands with Head Coach Bruce Arians
- Special Year for Arizona Cardinals Head Coach Bruce Arians
- Arizona Cardinals Spotlight: WR Michael Floyd
- Arizona Cardinals’ WR Michael Floyd Day-to-day with Shoulder Injury
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/18jj