Not only did the Red Birds finish at 10-6 but they had a chance to make the NFL playoffs right up until their final home game against San Francisco in Week 17. That's quite an improvement from their 5-11 campaign in 2012.
"I'm very proud of the 2013 Cardinals, " Arians said to azcardinals.com. “The shame is that a lot of them won’t be back to be the 2014 Cardinals. That’s just the NFL. We’ll do everything we can as an organization to keep the pieces we think are extremely important.”
Arizona has a list of unrestricted free agents that is very long. Among them are defensive MVP/linebacker Karlos Dansby, wide receiver Andre Roberts, right tackle Eric Winston, tight end Jim Dray, running back Rashard Mendenall and safety Yeremah Bell.
General Manager Steve Keim will have an interesting offseason, that's for sure.
“I don’t know what the situation is like financially, I don’t know what they are looking for and I don’t know what they are trying to do,” Winston stated. “I don’t know if they are looking for stopgap guys or long term. We’ll see. Anytime you think you know in this league, you don’t.”
No doubt about it. For now though, it's time to reflect back for a moment and enjoy the memories of a fine 2013 campaign. The future for the Red Birds looks bright in the desert with Arians and Keim leading the way.
But changes are coming.
- Be sure to "like" our Facebook page
- Follow us on Twitter @Cardinals_101
- Bruce Arians Quite Pleased with Arizona Cardinals’ Effort Vs. Colts
- Bruce Arians Savoring First Victory as Arizona Cardinals Head Coach
- Arizona Cardinals: 2013 Team Statistical Leaders
- Special Year for Arizona Cardinals Head Coach Bruce Arians
- Bruce Arians Pleased with Arizona Cardinals’ Energy Level
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/16e0