Karlos Dansby is not one of them.
Abraham was named to his fifth Pro Bowl while Peterson earned his third honor in as many seasons at cornerback. Bethel was chosen for his outstanding special teams play as a gunner and will be making the trip to Hawaii in just his second NFL campaign.
Dansby might be Arizona's MVP but he was not named to the elite contingent. The University of Auburn product is second in the NFL with 109 solo tackles and two defensive touchdowns. His four interceptions are 10th best in the league and he has 6.5 sacks to boot. It just wasn't enough this time around.
At 35 years of age, Abraham is the oldest Cardinals player headed to Honolulu but his selection was well deserved – his 11.5 sacks are tied for third most in the NFC and he has added 50 tackles as well, his most since 2005 with the Jets.
The 2014 NFL Pro Bowl will be held on Sun., Jan. 26 at Aloha Stadium in Hawaii.
- Be sure to "like" our Facebook page
- Follow us on Twitter @Cardinals_101
- Arizona Cardinals’ John Abraham Named NFC Defensive Player of Week
- Arizona Cardinals’ Patrick Peterson Falling Behind in NFL Pro Bowl Voting
- Arizona Cardinals’ Tyrann Mathieu Added to Pro Bowl Ballot
- Arizona Cardinals Mid-Season Report Card for 2013
- Arizona Cardinals Prediction: 8-8 This Season
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/160z