Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians stated on SiriusXM NFL Radio that the Red Birds wide receiver may not return to practice until Friday while his sore hamstring heals. A Friday return to the gridiron is not written in stone either. Fitzgerald did not practice yesterday.
"Fitz's hamstring is no worse than it was but it's not any better, either, " Arians said via espn.com. "I doubt he'll work much until hopefully Friday."
The University of Pittsburgh product tweaked his left hamstring during practice last Wednesday and left the Cardinals' win over the Detroit Lions late in the third quarter and did not return. Fitzgerald finished with just two receptions for 33 yards and no touchdowns and was clearly far from 100 percent. He was noticeably absent when the Red Birds put together their game-winning drive in the fourth quarter against the Lions.
Will Fitzgerald be able to play against the Saints this Sunday in New Orleans?
"We hope so," Arians said. "We’re still not sure. It’s going to be day-to-day.”
- Be sure to "like" our Facebook page
- Follow us on Twitter @Cardinals_101
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Arizona Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald Hampered by Sore Hamstring
- Arizona Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald Wants to Put 2012 Behind Him
- Arizona Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald May Be Game-time Decision Today
- Arizona Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald Adjusting to New Offense
- Arizona Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald Still Misses Kurt Warner
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/110w