The University of Pittsburgh product, who grabbed two touchdown passes last week, was limited in practice the last couple of days due to his sore hamstring. Whether he can play remains to be seen at this point.
"I’m fine,” he told azcentral.com.
The Cardinals certainly hope so. They'll be without tight end Rob Housler, who is dealing with a high ankle sprain, so quarterback Carson Palmer may have a limited supply of weapons this afternoon at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale.
Fitzgerald is now in his 10th NFL season with the Cardinals and has missed only four games in his career. The last time was in 2007 against the Cleveland Browns when he had to sit because of a groin injury. He's been very durable since then.
Cardinals look to get on the victory board
Here's the skinny on today's home opener, which will be Arizona's 76th straight sellout:
Who: Detroit Lions (1-0) at Arizona Cardinals (0-1) When: Today at 1:05 p.m. Where: University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale. TV: Channel 10 (Sam Rosen, Heath Evans) Radio: 92.3 FM KTAR (Dave Pasch, Ron Wolfley) Spanish radio: 107.1 FM KVVA (Gabriel Trujillo, Rolando Cantu).
- Be sure to "like" our Facebook page
- Follow us on Twitter @Cardinals_101
Your man cave is your home field advantage for every game. When the game is on the line, you should be able to look around and be reminded of the great moments you've watched unfold in that very room! MJR Sports Integrity offers a wide range or team and player-specific memorabilia that can do just that and take your game day room to the next level. Find your inspiration at MJR Sports Integrity and will your team to victory!
- Arizona Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald Wants to Put 2012 Behind Him
- Arizona Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald Adjusting to New Offense
- Larry Fitzgerald Sees Lots of Changes with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald Still Misses Kurt Warner
- Arizona Cardinals’ Larry Fitzgerald to Have Number Retired at University of Pittsburgh
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/10s6