Arizona Cardinals free safety Kerry Rhodes is expected to play tonight against the San Francisco 49ers after missing last week with a back injury. Rhodes, an eight-year veteran out of Louisville, is one of the leaders in the secondary. He has 22 total tackles, one sack and one interception so far this season.
Veteran tight end Todd Heap is expected to miss his sixth consecutive game tonight as he battles a knee injury. Heap has been practicing on a limited basis and is hoping to return in a week or two. Rob Housler will start in his place. Housler is coming off a five reception, 54-yard performance against Minnesota.
Did you know?
The Cardinals are just 1-7 on Monday Night Football since moving to the desert in 1988. It's been a tough go. Will tonight be different?
The Red Birds are also just 1-4 against San Francisco on Monday nights. Their lone triumph was a 29-24 victory over the Niners in Nov. 2008. The great Kurt Warner threw for 328 yards and three touchdowns, including two to Anquan Boldin, in that game. Steve Breaston had seven receptions for 124 yards to lead the Cardinals.
Tonight's game is expected to be the 70th straight sellout at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Arizona Cardinals’ Kevin Kolb Expected to Miss 2-4 More Weeks
- Arizona Cardinals VS. San Francisco 49ers All-Time Series
- Arizona Cardinals Face Huge Test VS. San Francisco 49ers
- Arizona Cardinals Know Tough Game Awaits Them Against San Francisco 49ers
- Arizona Cardinals Quarterback Kevin Kolb Expected to Miss Several Weeks; Skelton to Start Vs. Vikings
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/m5m